Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Sweet Duchess

I can’t believe it!  It’s true! There is someone out there for every dog.  I am so excited! I am going to my new forever home tomorrow!  I’m a little apprehensive.  But, my foster family is going to drive me there, so I will have an easier time adjusting.  We have been getting ready for the big day with human and canine visitors coming by to give their farewells and best wishes.  I know I am going to miss all my friends I made at my foster family.  But, we all know what a golden opportunity it is for my new forever mom and me.  I am even going to have a special bath so I am all foofoo like.  My foster mom and I have picked out a pretty bandana to wear.  I am going to WOW! my new forever mom with my beauty, tranquility, and love.
MTGRR has a great program for marrying a golden age dog with a golden age human.  That is how my new forever mom and I found each other.  I am honored to be the maiden adoption for this program.  My new forever mom and I have invested many years into life’s experiences.  For those of you who don’t understand what I’m saying, we are part of the golden age, in other words, we are not spring chickens any more.  But we still have lots of life left in the old battery. This is wonderful!   This means my new forever mom will be home with me, instead of working all day. We can spend our days providing each other the companionship we both deserve.  You see, at my age, I have very few demands.  I want to spend my remaining years loving and being loved.  We will be together almost all the time.  That is such a relief on my mind.
Well, that is enough about me.  I want to let all of you humans and dogs of all ages know that there is a perfect match for each of you.   That special person or dog will be there when the time is right.  I didn’t think it was possible for me, but it was!  Thank you all for reading my blogs.  I have enjoyed sharing my thoughts with you.
Love,
Duchess

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Duchess! We are so happy for you. I am sure it will be love at first sight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sad for me, but thrilled for you! :) Be a great friend and try not to lick your new family too much!

    ReplyDelete