Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Roxie and the Crew


My name is Roxie and I’m a blonde, beautiful 4-week old girl. Don’t let my age fool you.  I’m one of seven and four of them are BOYS, which means I ‘rassle a lot and I’m waaaay strong.  And brave, of course. 

My foster mom is proud of me because I was the first one who learned to stand up and walk like a real dog, way back when I was just 13 days old!  That was fun! The next thing I learned to do was drag a stuffed dragon around. I tried dragging my brothers and sisters instead but they didn’t seem to like it much. Then, one day not long ago, I opened my mouth and out came a BARK! Can you believe it? (Well, it was a little squeaky, but still…)

My mommy, Crystal, was rescued from the back roads of Kentucky where she was trying to find our daddy, who I personally think must have been a handsome Labrador Retriever. (He broke her heart, so she doesn’t like to talk about him.)

To save her from the shelter, my heroes from MTGRR rode to her rescue all the way from Tennessee.  Mommy was about to have us babies, and before the rescue posse arrived six of us were already here.  Little No. 7 came hours later, at the vet’s in Tennessee.  We were too young to travel so far and we all caught bad colds, but we’re feeling much better now, thank you!

Mommy used to feed us all the time, but not so much now. She has a lot on her mind, so our foster mom shows up at just the right time with a nice warm bowl of delicious, mooshy stuff that we love.  She also cuddles each of us and talks to us and has taught us our names. 

When we got here she couldn’t tell us apart, so she put paint blobs on our butts.  Then she named us after the colors.  My blonde sister Gilda was the green one. My other sister, Bella was blue.  My brother Opie was orange, Ranger (he’s really big and handsome!) was red and my brother, Pete, was purple.  Oh, yeah, the little crybaby is Yancy, the yellow guy. (I think he just squeaks in order to get more hugs.) 

I, of course, being blond and beautiful, was the pink girl. I might have had to endure being called “Pinkie” (gag me!!) but my foster mom says I was born to be a “Roxie” --  so there you are!  I’ll probably become a movie star someday.

The reason Mommy thinks so much these days is that she is trying to figure out how to find perfect forever homes for all of us.  She’s also blonde and beautiful, and she’s really, really, really smart. She is housebroken, likes other dogs and cats and sits for treats, so I know she’ll figure out something for all of us. And for herself, too!   If you have any ideas, let her know.

Love and kisses, Roxie

2 comments:

  1. Roxy, I can see why you are the spokesperson for the group. You can take an ugly situation and paint it into a beautiful picture. I'm sure you young pups will be enjoying a wonderful forever family soon. Tell your mom to keep her chin up. She has brought 7 beautiful puppies into the world.

    Much Love,
    Duchess

    ReplyDelete
  2. Roxie,

    You gorgeous little girl.....I think you have a future as a best selling bow wow author!

    Don't let the boys get the upper hand and take care of your Mommy and mind your FM....I see the forever families for all of you coming soon!

    Love, Nemo Schultz

    ReplyDelete