Monday, February 7, 2011

The name is Nemo...but call me Captain



My name is Nemo and I'm a 4 year old Golden Retriever that has so far gotten the wrong end of a Nylabone...and that's not counting the killer chihuahua factor...but I'll save that for later.


Anyway...I had this dude...we totally loved each other. We would hang out...go to the dog park...pick up chicks (well...I'd pick them up...he used me for the score)....anyway...we had a life and cool times....or so I thought...


One day...he goes for greener pastures in another state...and leaves me thinking I can fend for myself in a small patch of brown grass....with no food or water.....worse....no daily dude love.


Thank goodness my dude's Dad had a thought about me and dropped off food and water and walked me day. Months later....we both gave up on my dude....he wasn't coming back...and my patch of brown had turned to black and my soul turned grey without his constant reassurances that I was loved and I was still his wing dog.


Thank you GOD....that my Granddude felt the same way and turned me over to the Golden Retriever Rescue of Middle Tennessee. He surrendered me into a Vet's care...and that vet said I had no life left in my eyes and my skin was like an elephants.


What did they expect? The love of my canine life threw me away and left me to the fleas....they ate me alive to the point that Granddude finally noticed.....but was it too late for me?


The vet team took me in and murdered all the fleas and....yes worms that I had....knocked them to kingdom come....have I said thank you GOD? When I was physically ready....they placed me with Sandy and Rob....who live on the lake....can you say....GOLDEN RETRIEVER DOGGIE MECCA!?!?!


Rob and Sandy gave me my canine medications and loved me silly for two days...even let me get in the lake with their golden retrievers Clifford and what's-his-name...then they had to leave town...but only for a few days....so they hooked me up with Frank and Heather....temporary foster parents and permanent whack jobs, people!!!!


Ya see...they are good people who foster us hopeless cases for short term. Their intentions are good...but they already have FOUR dogs folks! Yeah....I love other dogs....probably even cats too...heck...Adopt me and I'll get along with your gerbil, hamster, cat, parrot or ant farm!!! Anything to get away from their chihuahua....Thor. Anything! I'll learn to whistle DIXIE for you!


I'll give these people one thing....they have been working on my poor skin from day one. See...between the flea destruction and possible thyroid issue left untreated...this stud neutered muffin has been left with elephant skin and a dodgy smell that makes Yoda look like a 20 year old George Clooney smellin' like Drakkar cologne!


Good news...that smell is fading as that horrible damaged skin continues flaking. Soon I'll be back to official stud muffin retriever status...and I need a forever family of my own. So what does my dream Forever Family look like?


You are as lonely for me as I am for you. Maybe you've experienced the loss of a loved one like me..and you want to find love in all the RIGHT places now...like me. You need me as much as I need you...doubtful as I need love and compassion by the armful and then some...but i will be patient with you...over time. I won't poop in your house or pee on the Asian rug (Mexican chihuahua themed rugs are exempt from my promises.....and ESPECIALLY if THOR is monogrammed into your rug).


I need love...I need to believe that whether you are a family or another Dude...you won't leave me alone to the dark and fleas again.


I need to know that you love me now before I'll be the best looking golden retriever you've ever seen...because I'll love and adore you...want to lie at your feet no matter where you are...no matter who is also in your house (disclaimer...does not include Thor AT ALL) nor who you invite over for a visit...


I'm so starved for love...I'm actually putting up with Thor the Killer Chihuahua ...why is he still alive!?!!  Fine....I'll love your goat....just meet me...I need HELP!!


Thank you GOD and MTGRR Middle Tennessee Golden Retriever Rescue!!! That is...you get me away from Thor...oh Heck...he is lying against me and making those sounds again...help!!!!!
Nemo....and Thor.

1 comment:

  1. Nemo, remind Thor that he is a rodent, and that you are a Golden Retriever. You are #5 on the most loved dog breeds in America. Chihuahua isn't even on the list.

    ReplyDelete