Monday, February 14, 2011

Duchess and her feline friend

I hope everyone is having a wonderful Valentine's Day.  It's a wonderful day when two can find it in their hearts to stop and say, 'I Love You'.  This is Murphee in the picture with me.  Murphee told me that her family moved and left her behind.  When my foster family bought the house they took Murphee as their own.  With love, Murphee has overcome the insecurities that manifest after being left behind.  Murphee told me that I will regain my confidence too.  I'm already feeling better.  My foster family give me lots of love.  They told me that I can stay until we find a family that loves me as much as they do.  That's Rrrrrwsome!!!

5 comments:

  1. Hi Duchess!

    You remind me of my Golden Sheena (1983-1998).
    My stray who adopted me 12 years ago left on Feb. 6 to wait at the Rainbow Bridge for me so I'm not ready yet to love another doggie that much.

    But I want you to know I send some money to help take care of you and I'm watching you. I hope you're still around when I'm ready!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kevin, I am sorry for your loss. Sheena was a very lucky dog to have you in her life.
    Thank you for your kindness. MTGRR can always use money to help us. There are many dogs who arrive at MTGRR very sick. The money is used to help them have a second chance. I can't thank you enough for being so caring.

    Love,
    Duchess

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to clarify. Sheena was my golden who passed in 1998. A year later this stray shows up, part lab, part chow. We named him Dingo. A different personality, but I loved him just as much. He passed on Feb 6, 2011 as I held him.
    So. 27 years, 2 dogs. A lot of pain and heartbreak, but even more joy and fun.
    I'm keeping my eye on Duchess... :) We live about 2 miles from Kentucky Lake. ssshhhhh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Then I must say, Sheena and Dingo must have been two very lucky dogs. You made a difference in Dingo's life. Sheena and Dingo are probably playing together at Rainbow Bridge. :-)
    You are watching me? Wait until you see my hair grow out. I will be gorgeous again.

    ReplyDelete