Saturday, February 12, 2011

A MIRACLE HAPPENED TODAY!!

The most amazing thing happened today....and I had no idea it was coming.  These past few weeks in foster have been pretty intimidating and sometimes scary because I didn't know if I was coming or going (not to mention the chihuahua Thor who is evil and must be destroyed).

This past week was pretty exciting for me.  My skin feels well enough that I can not only walk....but you should have seen me FLYING through the snow! Running (my FM says "really kind of a gallop") my feet off with my foster brothers and sister.

They also found out that I do, indeed, have a thyroid condition but that it was good news.....with proper medication.....my skin will heal and I'll be a FULL ON Super Stud Muffin Golden Boy again!!

BUT THAT ISN'T THE EXCITING PART!  This morning my foster mom starts thinking she is Elizabeth Arden and can give me a beauty bath and blow dry.....whimper.....she needs to keep her day job, folks!  Who uses a curling iron on a Golden for crying out loud!?!?!  I let her know that I appreciate her....but the blow dry was ENOUGH....ixnay on the curling iron.....I turned into a greased pig in a 6x6 space and after a few minutes of evading that iron.....FM gave up.....love her finally!

So here I am sitting and watching her primp for the day....and all of sudden....my foster brothers and sisters GO OFF!!!  The doorbell rang and there was chaos!  I wasn't sure what was happening out there because me and FM were in her bedroom.  All of a sudden, my FD (Foster Dad), opens the door and says "They're here....early".   Who is here?  I'm still not all Happy Happy Joy Joy with other people, ya know.....I don't mind them....its just.....well, I don't mind about them.  FM opens the door and all I see are four people staring at me.....and then I hear the "AWWWWWWWW"ssss and "OHHHHHHHH"s......and I'm liking the sound.  I trotted right over to them and you know what?  They felt good!  They smelled good!  I liked them touching me!

But I was confused....who were they?  FM says to me...."Nemo....this is the Schultz family....and they want to take you home with them forever and make you the center of their attention."   I didn't know what to bark or wag about after that.....I just kept sniffing and wagging and thinking...."for real?  is this for real?!?!?!?"

They cried....I wagged.....it all was too good to be true.....two beautiful new sisters.....a gorgeous sensitive Mom and a total "Dad Dude" who looked like he could handle anything we threw his way.  This HAD to be too good to be true!  I said a fond farewell to my foster family (except one) and ran out to their SUV....I even knew which was there car!  I'm still thinking it can't be for real......until we are pulling out the drive.....and I look through the window at my Fosters waving goodbye.....and Thor the Killer Chihuahua sitting on the steps barking "Don't go!  I was just getting you trained!".   Yup....it's for real.....I'll lick my new family's feet and wash dishes for a year....I ain't going back.....they already love me.....and I'm loving them.....and no more Thor.  God Bless You Shultz Family......I am excited and happy and so very grateful for my life with you!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations Nemo!!! They are a very lucky family! I bet they are going to shower you with love. Your story even brought a tear to my eyes.

    Kisses,
    Duchess

    BTW, I don't think Thor is really a dog. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thor isn't a dog....he's an overgrown albino flea waiting for Frontline to happen to him. But I'm so happy.....my new forced family all left for school and work....and when they came home....it was the greatest day of my life again. I barked!!! I haven't barked since I was resuced....not even for my foster families and not even at that albino flea Thor. The love and happiness just welled up within me and I let it fly.

    I'm so happy Duchess......your day is coming too....GOD is preparing your family even now. My next bark is for YOU....

    Love and sloppy kisses, Nemo Schultz

    ReplyDelete