Friday, February 11, 2011

Rosie


Hi, I’m Rosie and I’m 98 years old, in dog years that is. Even though I’m older than most foster Goldens, MTGRR didn’t leave me behind. I was in rough shape, I wound up in a shelter with bad hair and really goopy ears. I’m not like that anymore, I have a beautiful red coat with a pure white face. My ears are all cleaned out, but, unfortunately, I can’t hear a thing anymore. That’s not always such a bad thing because the other Goldies in my home are pretty loud, especially when they see a “SQUIRREL!!!” I’m a long-term foster Golden. Instead of spending my time with a foster until I get a forever family, I live with my foster family forever. Just like older humans, I require a little extra care in my retirement; arthritis medicines, thyroid pills and maybe an extra trip or two to the Doctor every year and MTGRR takes care of all of that for me. I’m lucky that MTGRR found me, and my foster parents say that they are too.

1 comment:

  1. I am glad that MTGRR found both of us. I would hate to think of what would have happened to us if not for such a terrific organization. I hope they can continue rescueing us Goldens long after we are in doggy heaven.

    Much Love,
    Duchess

    ReplyDelete