Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Star (aka Maggie)

Whowww! Life's lessons have hit me hard and fast. While I was forced to fend for myself, I suddenly found myself in survival mode for not only myself, but also for my puppies (Latte and Mocka). I didn't know what to think when I was literally taken from a ditch and thrown in jail. I'm told word got out about my puppies and me, and that is how MTGRR came to rescue us. I was really wide eyed for a couple of days, and still have times that I'm pretty frightened. I am learning that there are good people, and beginning to let my guard down. It sure is nice to be able to take little breaks away from Latte and Mocka without the constant need to worry about their safety.
Between the worry, nursing puppies, and living in a ditch, I have lost too much weight. My foster family is making sure I am getting the nutrition I need to nurse these glutenous puppies, and begin to get some of my weight back. I don't have to set the bar very high after my time of finding my own food, but the food I get here is sooooo delicious.
After I wean Latte and Mocka, I'm going to get spayed so I don't have any more babies. I wish that had been done before! Don't get me wrong. I love these two pups. But, I'm barely older than a puppy, myself.
I'm hoping I can go right to my forever home when I'm finished bringing Latte and Mocka to their own. Since I'm very small (probably about 35-40 pounds when ideal weight), I am ideal for any household situation. I am beginning to walk really good on the leash, I am quiet, and am responding really good to love. I get scared sometimes when someone goes to pet me. But, I don't do anything bad, like growl, snarl, or bark. I just instinctively flinch a little. BUT, I'm getting better about that too. As I get more affection, I will eventually understand no one is going to hurt me, and stop the instinctive flinch reflex.
I better get back to Mocka and Latte. They want to pull up to the lunch wagon, AGAIN.

No comments:

Post a Comment