Thursday, July 26, 2012

Gunner

I have bounced around since my life in a pen. Finally, I am in a great foster home. My foster mom says I'm one of the lucky ones. Without foster families, the rescue cannot help all the dogs that need to be saved from shelters, poor conditions, and the other avenues of rescue.
I am taking in the events of the past day, as my eyes have opened to a world of so many things.
I am very shy. However, I watch EVERYTHING (including my foster sister), and it seems pretty cool. While I love the freedom to run out the backdoor, into a nice fenced yard, I prefer that my foster mom goes with me at first.
My foster mom says I am a good car rider. I even took a nap on the way home from the water hole. We went to this big water hole you people call a lake. I guess I thought I could walk on water, as I went right in. But, when I discovered I couldn’t touch the bottom, I hurried back out to the comfort of my foster family. It will be awhile before I try that again! Then I went on this big boat. I climbed the steps very well. Mostly, I follow my foster folks lead. Whenever they are up doing things I'm right there to check it out. But, if they sit down, then I relax, and even sneak in a nap. My foster mom finds me tilting my head at all of the new sounds, like this thing called a dryer, and a dishwasher. The noises in the neighborhood haven’t bothered me, nor do they interest me. What is it you people say? You learn something new every day! We'll I'm sure learning, and what I'm learning is pretty great! Hey! Look at that stuff going around and around in the dryer! Fun!!!
I am in deed a lucky dog! I’ll keep you posted on the good life, while I dream of my forever home. Maybe my forever home will have a laid back dog, and folks who are around a lot.
You can learn more about me, and find an application to bring me into your loving home on the MTGRR website: www.rescueagolden.com

No comments:

Post a Comment