Thursday, March 31, 2011

Roxie, one of Crystal's Puppies

Hi Golden Friends,

Since I have been with my foster family almost a week I thought I would let you know how it is going. That is just in case you end up here sometime or you think I am so cute that you want to adopt me. There is a dad who seems to really like me. I can tell by the fact that he gives me lots of attention, lets me follow him around outside and plays with me when he is home. The sad thing is he disappears during the day and I have my foster mom and my foster sister dog to spend time with all day. It really isn't sad to be with them but they do have more rules. Martie lets me follow her around and shares her bed but if I get in her face she growls at me. I have learned not to bother her when she is sleeping but that is what she does all day. So I entertain myself by playing with all of these neat toys. My favorites are the bones and the balls and my Easter rabbit. My foster mom tells me to "get down" a lot and is always throwing a toy. I think she does that so I won't chew on things I am not suppose to chew on....like furniture, magazines, etc. She said she rearranged some things to help  me keep out of trouble. I don't mean to get into trouble. I am just curious and sort of have a mind of my own (just like a woman) and a lot of energy. She likes for me to potty outside in the grass and I try to remember but sometimes I forget. This cold and rainy weather has made it hard but we do go out many, many, many times a day. Overall it is a pretty neat place to be BUT I have one complaint. They wanted me to sleep in this crate thing at night. It's a good place to eat and keep my toys but  I cried all night and I guess they didn't get any sleep so now I get to sleep on a pillow in the den. I still wake them up a couple of times in the night to go potty but have learned to scratch on the door and that seems to work. They do make me stay in the crate when they aren't home and I whine and cry most of the time (no one seems to hear me or pay any attention.) I am really happy to see my family when they come home. I wag  my tail and jump just like my foster dog! Maybe some day soon I will be able to do that at my "forever" home. Time for one of my power naps. I don't mind taking one in my crate as long as they leave to door open. Is that sort of like that motel that leaves the light on?  Love, Roxie

4 comments:

  1. Hi Roxie,
    I know that someone will be very happy to have you join his/her family. If I didn't have an elderly cat and wasn't hoping to move out of town soon, I'd be interested myself. Have fun!! XXOO Jan Maier

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi!

    i am writing to alert you to a sweet puppy who is scheduled to be put down today at a shelter in somerset KY. he is a golden retriever mix. if you can help, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE give them a call ASAP. it is his LAST DAY TODAY. i can help transport him tomorrow, but my husband and i cannot take him in.

    jennifer

    here is the info:

    ersonality / Description
    sweet puppy looking for a home, can be killed on or after March 31st for space!
    Contact Info: Kim Sears, Pulaski County animal shelter, 235 Adopt Me Ln, Somerset, Kentucky, 42503, misty@pcanimalshelter.com, 606-679-6432,www.pcanimalshelter.com


    Good with other dogs
    Good with kids
    Where to Adopt
    Pulaski County
    235 Adopt Me Ln, SOMERSET, KY 42503
    #79 has been here since Mar 27, 2011 (8 Days)
    Reason being at shelter:
    Stray
    Contact Tracey Reifsnyder Williams
    Call: (606) 679-6432


    Good with other dogs
    Good with kids
    Where to Adopt
    Pulaski County
    235 Adopt Me Ln, SOMERSET, KY 42503
    #79 has been here since Mar 27, 2011 (8 Days)
    Reason being at shelter:
    Stray
    Contact Tracey Reifsnyder Williams
    Call: (606) 679-6432

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where is Roxie now?
    I am in the middle of TN. I may be broke but my heart is a golden freeking fool. I now own a Brittany Spaniel young of 2 yrs old and I talk to my Annie, saying I wish she was here to help. Annie has pass but, I miss my girl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Curious if you've found a home yet - you look identical to the sweet baby girl we just had to put to sleep cause she had cancer - she was 11 and we loved her dearly. If you are still needing a home, have your momma

    ReplyDelete