Monday, July 18, 2011

Travel Adventures of Nutty Buddy - The 2058 mile trek across country

We were anxious to get our adventure started. With the foster parents, Meadow, and me nestled in the truck we began our 64 hour trek from Tennessee to California. I even got to meet my human foster brother, Jason, in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Jason and I hit it off like a big ice cream cone on a hot summer day! He was great to throw the ball for Meadow and me.
In the above picture, Meadow and I are having some fun exercise during a rest stop in Arkansa.
Unfortunately, our visit with Jason couldn't be to long. We have lots to do and see. And relatively little time to do and see it all. We left Albuquerque last night, and found ourselves in beautiful Pine Valley, California by early this afternoon. With the fun time we had in Albuquerque, Meadow and I became somewhat dusty and dirty. The cure for this little problem was to be rinsed with the hose. Boy! Did that feel good!

I know already that squirrel hunting is going to be one of my favorite activities while I'm in Pine Valley. These squirrels have some really bushy tails, almost like mine. An afternoon of squirrel hunting can be really exhausting.
We are going to rest tomorrow. I'm looking forward to putting my toes in the water, and my paws in the sand. Wednesday will be spent at the beach with my fosters' granddaughter, Kylie. It's going to be so much fun! She will be 3 years old next month. I can't wait to meet her!

No comments:

Post a Comment